This service is performed by either an RMT or a Registered Acupuncturist and is covered by insurance.
Shiatsu is a popular style of oriental bodywork therapy that can help you to maintain better health and ease the aches and stresses of daily life. Sometimes called acupressure massage, shiatsu helps to promote healing by balancing the flow of energy in the meridians (channels) and creating greater harmony of body, mind and emotions. It is a penetrative but at the same time non-invasive form of massage.
How can Shiatsu help you?
- Relaxation & stress relief
- Neck & shoulder pain / muscular stiffness & flexibility
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tiredness / stress / anxiety
- Back pain / sciatica
- Headaches / migraines
- Insomnia / digestive problems
- PMS / menstrual pain
- Arthritis / fibromyalgia
What can I expect from a treatment?
- The therapist works through clothing and provides soothing and continuous pressure using thumbs, palms, knees, and elbows while the recipient is either in a lying or sitting position.
- Passive stretching and gentle mobilization is also performed on tight joints; the client lies and gets stretched; no oils are used and the person is asked to wear comfortable clothing.
Can I Combine Shiatsu With Massage Therapy?
- You may choose to combine your shiatsu treatment with massage therapy. In this case oil is used and you would receive the treatment draped between 2 sheets as in a conventional massage (completely covered under RMT insurance). This session will be with Justyna Koszlowska, RMT, Certified Shiatsu Therapist, BA Kine.
Can I Combine Shiatsu With Acupuncture?
- You can also choose to combine your shiatsu treatment with Acupuncture (completely covered under Reg Acupuncture insurance) to create a very therapeutic effect. This sesion will be with Bahareh Hosseini, Certified Shiatsu Therapist, R.Ac. The techniques and modalities that she incorporates in the her treatments include Acupuncture, Acupressure, Auricular Acupuncture, Shiatsu, Tui Na (Chinese Medical Massage), Cupping, Nutritional counselling and Japanese style Moxibustion.
Justyna Koszlowska, RMT
Registered Massage Therapist & Certified Shiatsu Therapist, Dip ST, BA (Kine), PFLC
Justyna is passionate about helping people and has completed her RMT designation as well as Certified Shiatsu Therapist. She is a kinesiologist and is extremely knowledgeable about excercise and healthy living. She is also the creator of a wonderful wholistic line of healthy treats called Nagi.
Registered Acupuncturist (R.Ac) and Shiatsu Therapist
Bahareh Hosseini is a Registered Acupuncturist (R.Ac) and Shiatsu Therapist. After years of experience in the corporate world as an engineer, Bahareh decided to follow her passion of pursuing learning and sharing holistic methods of healing.
Her methods of practice are based on her deep belief in the natural capacity of every person's body to heal itself. Her background also includes teaching Yoga and Ayurveda. Graduate of the 2200 hour Shiatsu Therapy, and the 2000 hour Acupuncture program, she has years of combined academic and clinical experience. Bahareh is trained in Acupuncture, Acupressure, Auricular Acupuncture, Shiatsu, Tui Na (Chinese Medical Massage), Cupping, Nutritional counselling and Japanese style Moxibustion.